General terms and conditions
1. Rental period
a) The term of the agreement is set out on the front of the present agreement. The renter is required to return the vehicle by the end of the agreed period unless they have requested in writing and been granted an extension to the initial rental period. The rental company is entitled to apply an additional daily rental charge in the event that the renter fails to return the vehicle by the agreed time.
b) Daily rental charges will be applied in full for each 24-hour period or part thereof, beginning from the time at which the vehicle is delivered.
c) The renter consents to the rental company taking back the vehicle with no other formalities required in any of the following cases:
- the renter has been formally notified of their obligation to pay the cost of the rental but has failed to do so
- within the specified time frame
- the rental agreement expired at least 7 days ago
- the rental company has good reason to be concerned for its property
- the renter has failed to fulfil any of their contractual obligations.
2. Security deposit
- The renter shall pay a deposit as outlined on the front of the present agreement by credit card or in cash. ( Cash deposit exclusively for members ). The value of the deposit will be returned within a maximum of three working days of the vehicle being returned, after the following have been deducted, where applicable:
a) the cost of repairing any damage caused during the rental period that has been duly recorded and is not covered by any insurance;
b) the cost of recovering, cleaning and refilling the vehicle with fuel (see Article 4. Return).
3. Delivery of vehicle
- The renter consents to receiving instruction on maintaining and driving the vehicle. The renter will be responsible for any damage caused by failure to correctly maintain the vehicle. The fuel tank will be full when the vehicle is delivered to the renter and must be full when the vehicle is returned.
- The renter acknowledges that the vehicle stated on the front of the present agreement, its features and tools and its spare wheel have no defects and that the vehicle is perfectly safe to drive.
- The renter agrees to return the vehicle in good condition and to the agreed location. In the event of failure to return the vehicle to the agreed location the renter consents to paying vehicle recovery charges calculated based on the towing rate in force.
- The renter is required to pay the cost of any parts, tools or other items of equipment that may not have been returned with the vehicle at the time the vehicle is returned.
- In the event that the vehicle is returned in a poor state of cleanliness, the renter will be charged the cost of having the vehicle cleaned by a specialist company.
- The renter will be charged a set refuelling charge in addition to the added cost of the fuel in the event that the vehicle is not returned with a full tank of fuel.
5. Payment conditions
- The cost of the rental must be paid in advance for the duration of the rental period; in the event that the agreement is duly extended in accordance with Article 1 section a, the cost of the rental for the extended period will be payable to the rental company immediately, as soon as the extension is granted. The renter consents to the rental company taking back the vehicle immediately in the event of the former failing to make the additional payment when required to do so.
- The renter may not offset the value of any part of the agreement outstanding against any amounts payable to the rental company in the framework of the present agreement. The renter also renounces any right of retention.
- The renter must return any documents that can only be used in accordance with the relevant legal provisions at the end of the term of the agreement and without being specifically asked to do so. The renter is solely responsible for any breach of any relevant legal or administrative provisions, such as those relating to customs and excise, for example.
6. Sub-rental of the vehicle
- The vehicle may not be sub-rented, driven by individuals not stated on the agreement or used for the paid transportation of individuals without the written agreement of the rental company. The rental vehicle must not be used to participate in motor races, to teach learner drivers or to tow or move another vehicle. The renter agrees to fully reimburse the rental company for any damage caused to the vehicle as a result of their failure to adhere to this prohibition, without any need to first establish responsibility.
- All rental vehicles are covered by civil liability insurance and fully comprehensive insurance covering material damages to the rental vehicle, theft, fire and glass breakage.
- In the case of foreign travel, civil liability insurance is valid for the countries stated on the green map only.
- In the event of any damage being caused to the rental vehicle, the renter is responsible up to the value of the set amount stated on the front of the present agreement, without any need to first establish responsibility. This amount is to be paid at the time the vehicle is returned. The rental company is responsible for any damages that exceed said amount for which the renter is responsible. The renter is also responsible for any damages caused to third parties that are not covered by the liability insurance.
8. Steps to be taken in the event of a road traffic accident
- In the event that the renter is involved in a road traffic accident they are required to complete all necessary procedures such as reporting the accident to the police, obtaining a list of the names and addresses of the individuals involved in the accident and any witnesses, writing an accident report, etc. The renter is required to pass all of this information on to the rental company.
- In the event of any physical damage being caused to any individuals the rental company must be informed immediately by phone.
9. Declaration of damage to and faults with the vehicle
- The renter is required to immediately inform the rental company of any damage to the rental vehicle that they might observe. Damage can only be repaired at the behest of the rental company, in which case the repairer will charge the rental company directly for the cost of repairing the damage in question, without prejudice to Article 7 of the present agreement. The rental company is solely responsible for choosing the party who will repair the damage. The renter will not be reimbursed for the cost of any repairs not ordered by the rental company.
- Any accidents, damage or flaws must again be declared to the rental company at the time the vehicle is returned.
- Any disputes stemming from the present agreement will fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of Luxembourg.
- The renter acknowledges that they have received the vehicle described on the front of the present agreement along with the corresponding documentation, spare wheel, emergency warning triangle, safety vest and accessories stated on the front of the present agreement. The renter has taken the rental vehicle on their own behalf and at their own risk, in perfect roadworthy condition and with a full tank of fuel.